Table of content
- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO DEVELOP ERP SOFTWARE?
- ERP Software for Supply Chain Management: Things to Keep In Mind
- Custom ERP Development And Third Party Product Integration
- Supply Chain vs. Logistics: The Difference You Need To Know
- The Importance of ERP Software for the Service Industry
- 3 Security Myths Surrounding Custom & Off-the-Shelf Software
- Primary Features Of Project Management Software
- 5 Steps Of Custom ERP Development
- ERP Testing: What Is It and Why Is It Important in 2023?
- 4 Benefits of Custom ERP Software for Supply Chain Management
- 4 Tips for an Error-free ERP Customization Process
- 5 Ways to Optimize Your Production Workflow
- 5 Ways Custom ERP Software Can Improve Workflow
- A Complete Guide to Different Types of ERP Systems
- 4 Unique Benefits of Custom Business Software
- Top 3 Questions to Ask Your ERP Provider
- 6 Signs Your Business Needs an ERP System
- Everything You Need To Know About Manufacturing ERP
- 8 Tips For Seamless ERP System Integration
- 4 Tips To Optimize Production Processes With ERP Software
- Implementing Custom ERP In Small Business Operations
- The Role of ERP In Digital Transformation of Industrial Business
- 5 Benefits of ERP Software For The Education Sector
- 5 Key Outcomes of Integrating ERP Into Hospitality Business
- 3 Ways In Which An ERP Software Can Boost A Company’s CSR Campaign
- Why ERP Software is Essential In The Wholesale Distribution Industry
- 6 Ways Healthcare Industry Can Benefit From Custom ERP Software
- 6 Benefits of Custom ERP Software For a Food & Beverages Manufacturing Business
- 3 Prevalent Myths About Cloud-Based Manufacturing Software
- How to Get Started with Ecommerce ERP Integration
- ERP vs Production Management - Which Software Will Suit My Business?
- How Can Custom ERP Software Strengthen A Manufacturing Business?
- ERP System: Features, Benefits and Reasons You Should Buy It
- How Can ERP Software Aid Product Recall In The Automotive Sector?
- Forecasting, Inventory Management And Supply Chain
- Debunking 3 Myths About ERP Systems
- 4 Challenges of Developing In-House Custom ERP Software
- 7 Phases of Effective ERP Implementation
- 3 Major Classifications Of An ERP System
- 3 Fundamental Differences Between Generic And Custom ERP Software
- 3 Tips To Manage ERP Customization
5 Reasons to Opt for Custom ERP Software
Custom ERP software has gained popularity in the last few decades and remains the preferred way among managers to optimize business processes. According to Finances Online, 48.40% of businesses reported improvements in core business processes. While this number is significant, some managers are not yet ready for the transformation and often fail to grasp the real value of benefits they could have gotten if they had agreed to that change. If you are one of those who hesitate, this blog will ease the strain of doubts for you.
Why Opt for Custom ERP Software?
Custom-built to meet your requirements
Customizability is what sets custom ERP from the ready-made one and any other software solution for businesses. When you buy a ready-made system with a set of pre-selected modules, chances are some of the features will be of no use to your business. Unlike a ready-made solution, custom ERP has the exact features your business needs and will utilize, so in the case of a custom ERP system, all the functionalities it comes with will pay off.
Flexibility in terms of adapting to changing needs
Custom ERP is a highly-flexible business solution. You can ask the vendor to craft a system that is tailor-made to your requirements and have additional features added with time as your business grows. A ready-made solution, on the contrary, comes with a pre-selected set of features that can’t be altered.
It is also important to discuss with your vendor the amount of flexibility they provide in terms of adding new functionalities. Some custom software development companies in Toronto offer ready-made ERP systems with a certain degree of flexibility, while others, like Vestra Inet, offer fully customized solutions that adapt to every individual business's needs.
Helps gain a competitive position
Custom ERP software will make you stand out among your competitors while adding a sense of uniqueness to your business. Not only will it help you gain a competitive advantage - what's more important is that it will streamline your business operations, speed up your workflow and improve your bottom line.
Ensures integrated workflow
Custom ERP software will substantially boost your workflow by integrating all processes within your company with each other. It acts as a central control panel that stores all your business data and allows you to manage all internal processes from a single platform. It also allows your employees to access critical data anytime from anywhere. This translates into an improved and better-managed workflow.
The cost of an ERP system is what can make you doubt that the system could save you any money at all. However, it’s only that sticker shock that’s not letting you see how much you could be saving in the long run. Staffing is one of the areas where you can save the most. As mentioned earlier in the blog, an ERP system allows your staff to access information quickly and easily, saving them lots of working hours. Moreover, your employees will need to be trained to work with one single system rather than multiple, which also means less time spent on the learning and more time allocated to more important tasks.
Custom ERP software is surely an investment that requires time before you start seeing deliverables. However, the long-term benefits of implementing the software far outweigh the initial cost. If the process of ERP implementation is what scares you off, read our blog on eight tips to make new ERP system integration as seamless as possible.