Table of content
- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO DEVELOP ERP SOFTWARE?
- ERP Software for Supply Chain Management: Things to Keep In Mind
- Custom ERP Development And Third Party Product Integration
- Supply Chain vs. Logistics: The Difference You Need To Know
- The Importance of ERP Software for the Service Industry
- 3 Security Myths Surrounding Custom & Off-the-Shelf Software
- Primary Features Of Project Management Software
- 5 Steps Of Custom ERP Development
- ERP Testing: What Is It and Why Is It Important in 2023?
- 4 Benefits of Custom ERP Software for Supply Chain Management
- 4 Tips for an Error-free ERP Customization Process
- 5 Ways to Optimize Your Production Workflow
- 5 Ways Custom ERP Software Can Improve Workflow
- A Complete Guide to Different Types of ERP Systems
- 5 Reasons to Opt for Custom ERP Software
- 4 Unique Benefits of Custom Business Software
- Top 3 Questions to Ask Your ERP Provider
- 6 Signs Your Business Needs an ERP System
- Everything You Need To Know About Manufacturing ERP
- 8 Tips For Seamless ERP System Integration
- 4 Tips To Optimize Production Processes With ERP Software
- Implementing Custom ERP In Small Business Operations
- The Role of ERP In Digital Transformation of Industrial Business
- 5 Benefits of ERP Software For The Education Sector
- 5 Key Outcomes of Integrating ERP Into Hospitality Business
- 3 Ways In Which An ERP Software Can Boost A Company’s CSR Campaign
- Why ERP Software is Essential In The Wholesale Distribution Industry
- 6 Benefits of Custom ERP Software For a Food & Beverages Manufacturing Business
- 3 Prevalent Myths About Cloud-Based Manufacturing Software
- How to Get Started with Ecommerce ERP Integration
- ERP vs Production Management - Which Software Will Suit My Business?
- How Can Custom ERP Software Strengthen A Manufacturing Business?
- ERP System: Features, Benefits and Reasons You Should Buy It
- How Can ERP Software Aid Product Recall In The Automotive Sector?
- Forecasting, Inventory Management And Supply Chain
- Debunking 3 Myths About ERP Systems
- 4 Challenges of Developing In-House Custom ERP Software
- 7 Phases of Effective ERP Implementation
- 3 Major Classifications Of An ERP System
- 3 Fundamental Differences Between Generic And Custom ERP Software
- 3 Tips To Manage ERP Customization
6 Ways Healthcare Industry Can Benefit From Custom ERP Software
Tackling global pandemics like COVID-19, innovation in the healthcare industry is on the rise like never before. This has made reliance on cloud technology to become a requirement rather than a choice for healthcare providers. Using on-site disparate and outdated software to manage day-to-day operations is a burdensome task. Moreover, with better healthcare management demands constantly increasing, corporations are bound to transition to more comprehensive and reliable software to effectively manage day-to-day operations.
In this blog, we will discover 6 benefits of custom enterprise resource planning (ERP) software in the healthcare industry.
An enterprise resource planning (ERP) software is a multi-purpose resource planning software that acts like a centralized platform from which all company’s processes are managed and monitored. It allows companies to manage and control operational processes and exchange data between various company departments while ensuring data security. ERP software is widely used in the healthcare industry as it can be custom-built to meet the specific industry requirements.
Benefits Of Integrating Custom ERP Software Into The Healthcare Industry
Allows automating manual processes
Custom ERP software for healthcare allows companies to automate some of the manually performed tasks. This results in reduced staffing costs, optimized employee time and increased employee productivity. For instance, automating payroll information input such as punch in/punch out times and calculating tax deductions will reduce the time accountants would otherwise spend doing this task manually. Another example is when patients require post-discharge care. A custom ERP solution assists doctors in sending their patients a reminder about medication or prescription pick-up as well as reminders about upcoming appointments.
Eliminates human-made mistakes
Automating some of the manual work routines eliminates the chances of human mistakes and discrepancies, such as appointment mismanagement. If appointment scheduling is automated, the chances of missed or overlapped appointments are minimized. This feature of ERP software is particularly valuable for the healthcare system where accuracy is the highest priority.
Improves the security of patients records
The confidentiality of patients' medical records is of utmost importance for every healthcare provider. 18 major cyber-attacks were recorded in Canada between July and December 2021 with healthcare being the industry that was targeted the most. The manual data transferring between multiple systems and poor maintenance of each system is what makes the healthcare system so prone to cyber-attacks. A custom ERP software with its reliable security system will reduce the risks of cyber attacks protecting your patients’ private information.
In addition, ERP software also ensures easier access to patients’ records compared to manual records management.
Streamlines patient care
Optimizing the entire organization’s workflow leads to improved patient care and better communication between the departments. For instance, integrating an ERP inventory control module allows for better maintenance of stock in every department resulting in less time spent searching for the supplies and more time dedicated to patient care. With the automation of some of the administrative tasks, employees can also spend more time taking care of patients.
Facilitates compliance with government regulations
Compliance with government regulations is of utmost importance for any healthcare provider. A custom-built ERP ensures the transparency of all aspects of the organization, ensuring traceability and easy access to any documentation. With a custom ERP system, all information is within hand’s reach in case the government wants to conduct an audit.
Overall optimization of operational processes
Custom ERP software acts as a central hub for a company's operational processes. Various ERP modules assist in managing processes like inventory, billing, patient records, supplies, finance and human resources. With the ERP, the data stored in various departments can be exchanged in a matter of seconds making the company's operational processes as optimized as they can be.
Healthcare is a business too, so deploying custom ERP software to level up its operational efficiency will benefit all stakeholders, especially patients. In addition, custom ERP software allows a healthcare business to stand out among its competitors and provide outstanding care to its patient
Vestra Inet is a premier custom software development company in Toronto serving the digital needs of businesses of all sizes. We put our clients' needs first ensuring they get the highest quality product and outstanding customer service. Speak to us today to see how we can help your business thrive.