Table of content
- 5 Steps Of Custom ERP Development
- ERP Testing: What Is It and Why Is It Important in 2023?
- 4 Benefits of Custom ERP Software for Supply Chain Management
- 4 Tips for an Error-free ERP Customization Process
- 5 Ways to Optimize Your Production Workflow
- 5 Ways Custom ERP Software Can Improve Workflow
- A Complete Guide to Different Types of ERP Systems
- 5 Reasons to Opt for Custom ERP Software
- 4 Unique Benefits of Custom Business Software
- Top 3 Questions to Ask Your ERP Provider
- 6 Signs Your Business Needs an ERP System
- Everything You Need To Know About Manufacturing ERP
- 8 Tips For Seamless ERP System Integration
- 4 Tips To Optimize Production Processes With ERP Software
- Implementing Custom ERP In Small Business Operations
- The Role of ERP In Digital Transformation of Industrial Business
- 5 Benefits of ERP Software For The Education Sector
- 5 Key Outcomes of Integrating ERP Into Hospitality Business
- 3 Ways In Which An ERP Software Can Boost A Company’s CSR Campaign
- Why ERP Software is Essential In The Wholesale Distribution Industry
- 6 Ways Healthcare Industry Can Benefit From Custom ERP Software
- 6 Benefits of Custom ERP Software For a Food & Beverages Manufacturing Business
- 3 Prevalent Myths About Cloud-Based Manufacturing Software
- How to Get Started with Ecommerce ERP Integration
- ERP vs Production Management - Which Software Will Suit My Business?
- How Can Custom ERP Software Strengthen A Manufacturing Business?
- ERP System: Features, Benefits and Reasons You Should Buy It
- Forecasting, Inventory Management And Supply Chain
- Debunking 3 Myths About ERP Systems
- 4 Challenges of Developing In-House Custom ERP Software
- 7 Phases of Effective ERP Implementation
- 3 Major Classifications Of An ERP System
- 3 Fundamental Differences Between Generic And Custom ERP Software
- 3 Tips To Manage ERP Customization
How Can ERP Software Aid Product Recall In The Automotive Sector?
For any organization that runs on a supply chain model, the importance of ERP software can’t be overstated. Offering myriad benefits ranging from inventory management and logistics to scheduling and streamlining internal communication, the applications are practically endless. Thus, it is being used extensively in the automotive sector, especially for inventory management. With a feature known as traceability, ERP software helps companies to better manage the dreaded vehicle recall which happens once every few years. The entire process is laid out below.
Achieving traceability with ERP software.
What is traceability?
In the context of the automotive sector, traceability can be defined as a process that helps in tracking and documenting various small parts and assemblies of a particular brand of vehicle. For example, with this feature, it would be easy to figure out the manufacturer’s source, location of the facility, the date and time of the creation of the product, part number, model number and more. Essentially, all this dense data can be packed into a barcode on a particular part, which can be scanned and all this information can be gleaned in an instant.
Now, in order to create a robust traceability system, it is vital to define the scope of the tracking. On this basis, traceability can be further subclassified as:
Supplier Traceability: This will encompass tracking various suppliers and their products entering the supply chain.
Process Traceability: This will require tracking the product through different processes of the organization.
Customer Traceability: This process requires tracking from sales to the customer.
How can ERP impact product recall?
With the aid of well-crafted ERP software, it will be easy to keep track of each individual component across the value chain. Thus, when a part is turned out to be defective or problematic, then the vehicles containing those parts can be easily identified, tracked and isolated until the problem is fixed. Without this automation, recalling millions of vehicles with defective parts will not only be time-consuming but will also be detrimental from a public relations standpoint.
Further elaborating on the above point, ERP software with traceability features will also help improve quality control within various manufacturing facilities. Hence, defective parts can be traced and nipped in the bud before it is ever assembled in a vehicle and rolled out for sales.
You can rely on Vestra Inet for developing a custom ERP system suitable for your specific business. We can develop a system for you that can help with tracking individual components and inventory management across the supply chain. Get in touch with us today to learn about our wide range of services.