Table of content
- 5 Steps Of Custom ERP Development
- ERP Testing: What Is It and Why Is It Important in 2023?
- 4 Benefits of Custom ERP Software for Supply Chain Management
- 4 Tips for an Error-free ERP Customization Process
- 5 Ways to Optimize Your Production Workflow
- 5 Ways Custom ERP Software Can Improve Workflow
- A Complete Guide to Different Types of ERP Systems
- 5 Reasons to Opt for Custom ERP Software
- 4 Unique Benefits of Custom Business Software
- Top 3 Questions to Ask Your ERP Provider
- 6 Signs Your Business Needs an ERP System
- Everything You Need To Know About Manufacturing ERP
- 8 Tips For Seamless ERP System Integration
- 4 Tips To Optimize Production Processes With ERP Software
- Implementing Custom ERP In Small Business Operations
- The Role of ERP In Digital Transformation of Industrial Business
- 5 Benefits of ERP Software For The Education Sector
- 5 Key Outcomes of Integrating ERP Into Hospitality Business
- 3 Ways In Which An ERP Software Can Boost A Company’s CSR Campaign
- Why ERP Software is Essential In The Wholesale Distribution Industry
- 6 Ways Healthcare Industry Can Benefit From Custom ERP Software
- 6 Benefits of Custom ERP Software For a Food & Beverages Manufacturing Business
- How to Get Started with Ecommerce ERP Integration
- ERP vs Production Management - Which Software Will Suit My Business?
- How Can Custom ERP Software Strengthen A Manufacturing Business?
- ERP System: Features, Benefits and Reasons You Should Buy It
- How Can ERP Software Aid Product Recall In The Automotive Sector?
- Forecasting, Inventory Management And Supply Chain
- Debunking 3 Myths About ERP Systems
- 4 Challenges of Developing In-House Custom ERP Software
- 7 Phases of Effective ERP Implementation
- 3 Major Classifications Of An ERP System
- 3 Fundamental Differences Between Generic And Custom ERP Software
- 3 Tips To Manage ERP Customization
3 Prevalent Myths About Cloud-Based Manufacturing Software
Custom ERP software is taking the manufacturing world by storm, with many companies opting for this tool to ease their operations. However, there are multiple ways to use an ERP system. One can either use a full-fledged off-the-shelf software or go for a third-party vendor and use the software on a subscription basis. In the latter case, most companies opt for a cloud-based system to store and operate their manufacturing software. Furthermore, there are plenty of prevailing myths about such cloud-based manufacturing software that need to be debunked. Here are 3 such misconceptions about them.
Myths pertaining to cloud-based ERP software.
1. The software is less secure than off-the-shelf software
If a company has a dedicated server base, intranet service, a separate IT department for troubleshooting and an encrypted connection, then it is undoubtedly more secure than its cloud-based counterpart. However, most small companies don’t have facilities, making their in-house system vulnerable to data leaks and hacking. Alternatively, using cloud-based software actually offers more security as there is a dedicated team to manage its encryption.
2. Cloud-based software is not very accessible
The argument here is that since this manufacturing software is dependent on an internet connection, it might not be completely accessible all the time. On the contrary, most ERP and manufacturing software can be easily accessed even with mobile data, as phones are universal at this point. Moreover, investing in a secure internet network in the workspace can also go a long way to avoiding all minor connection problems.
3. Too much reliance on the vendor is unadvisable
In this context, too much reliance translates to a scenario where the vendor offering the services goes bankrupt or out of business. Therefore, all data and investment that went into the ERP system will be wasted. However, this is rather the case for legacy software than cloud-based ones. When a business purchases off-the-shelf software and the company which made it closes shop, then there is no way to upgrade the software. Hence, a business might end up spending thousands and be forced to contend with outdated software. Cloud-based systems, on the other hand, are growing in popularity due to their convenience and customizable nature. Thus, it’s quite unlikely that a SaaS vendor will go out of business anytime soon.
Vestra Inet can provide you with the custom ERP software that is ideal for your business. Our highly qualified software engineers are capable of understanding your needs and providing you with the desired services.