- 3 Benefits Of SEO For Small Businesses
- 4 Important Elements of SEO
- 3 Valuable Features Only an SEO Company in Toronto Can Bring Your Business
- 3 Digital Marketing Trends for Right Now
- Why Social Media is Important for SEO
- Meet Michael – Vestra Inet’s Graphic Designer, Web Designer + Photographer
- 2 Reasons Why SEO is Imperative for Small Businesses
- Why A Reputable SEO Company In Toronto Is Essential For Your Business
- How Your Business Can Benefit from SEO While Protecting its Data
- The Importance of Engagement to Your SEO in Toronto
- Improving Your SEO in Toronto with Voice-Search
- Behind-the-Scenes of Running An Effective SEO Campaign in Toronto
- MVP : The 1, 2, 3 of effective SEO in Toronto
- WordPress: Why and Why Not?
- 5 Reasons Why You Need a Business Social Media Strategy
- Toronto SEO Masterclass: Long Tail Keywords and Ranking Higher
- The Search Engine Optimization Conferences in Toronto Worth Attending
- Three SEO & Web Design Concepts That Will Dominate 2017
- Setting Up The Perfect SEO Slack Channel
- Mobile Friendly Websites' Impact on SEO
- Taking a Look at Google's SEO Search Algorithms
- What is SEO?
- Promoting Local SEO for Toronto Businesses
- Generate Business with an SEO Campaign
- Approaches to Search Engine Optimization in Toronto
- What an SEO Company in Toronto Should Do For You
- The Necessity of SEO in Toronto
- The Benefits of SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Does My Toronto Business Really Need SEO?
- Why You Need An SEO Toronto Specialist Service
- The Need For SEO For Toronto Based Companies
- Soaring Above Competition: SEO in Toronto Redefined
Why Keyword Cannibalization Can Ruin SEO
Keyword cannibalization sounds terrifying and can spell disaster for search engine optimization. It is a common misconception that targeting multiple pages on a website for a single keyword can be advantageous for the site and the keyword. As any good SEO company in Toronto will tell you, the exact opposite is true. Optimizing multiple pages of a site for a single keyword won’t just be detrimental – it could get the site blacklisted on search engines based on the severity of their algorithms. So, how does keyword cannibalization destroy search engine optimization efforts?
Professional SEO Companies in Toronto Avoid This Because:
It Impacts Crawl Depth
Let’s face it – SEO is usually done for Google over other search engines. Keyword cannibalization forces Google’s algorithms to pick between multiple pages optimized for the same keyword. This heavily impacts the crawl depth of the search engine, as it is forced to filter out other pages in favour of one it assumes is the best. This could mean that the page that is chosen by Google isn’t the most relevant for that keyword.
SEO Isn’t as Effective
It’s simple physics – spreading force over a large surface area reduces how much pressure is exerted. Similarly, spreading keyword optimization, backlinks, and anchor text across multiple pages as opposed to a single page can reduce the effectiveness of the SEO for that keyword. In Toronto, SEO companies employ best practices to ensure that every keyword is effective and focused on a single page to combat this.
Internal “Cannibalization” Occurs
The term cannibalization refers to this – the site’s pages begin to compete with each other to rank for the same keyword. This results in the overall ranking of the entire site depreciating significantly. It is a huge SEO faux pas.
Keyword cannibalization is something to be avoided at all times, which is why it is always highly recommended that you hire a professional SEO company in Toronto when you need your site optimized. With a working knowledge of current best practices and skilled team of SEO specialists, cannibalization won’t be something to worry about.