Table of content
- Briefing Your Web Development Company
- 4 Essential Elements Of A High Converting Landing Page
- 5 Convincing Benefits a Toronto Web Design Team is Worth Investing in
- Website Design: the Make or Break of Businesses
- The Brief Timeline: The History of Web Browsers
- A Brief History on the Transformation of Web Design
- Why Good Web Design Must Be Mobile-Friendly
- 3 Web Development Trends in 2019
- The Elements of User-Friendly Toronto Web Design
- The Importance of Responsive Web Design for Your Business
- Corporate Identity: Give Your Business a Personality
- Understanding Cookies and Its Impact on User Experience & Web Design
- Machine Learning And Its Tremendous Effect On Web Design
- The ChatBot – From the Drawing Board into Web Design
- Web Design Fundamentals: High Quality Pages
- 5 Pillars of Great Website Design
- The Importance of SSL Certificates in Web Development
- [VIDEO] Tip of the Week: Website Design - Keeping it Beautiful
- How to Choose a Great Web Development Company
- Why Responsive Web Design is Critical in 2017
- CSS and its Importance in Website Design
- Why You Need to Give Your Website a Face-lift
- 5 Most Important Stages in Web Development
- Follow us on Instagram
- Why Effective Web Design Matters
- The Basic Requirements of Effective Web Design
- The 3 Most Important Factors in Effective Custom Web Design for Toronto Businesses
- The Evolution of Web Design
- Toronto Web Design That Will Steer your Business in the Right Direction
- 3 Elements of Good Web Design
- Choosing the best in Web Design
- We understand working in the Toronto web development industry
- Factors to consider when hiring web development in Toronto
- Why utilize a Toronto web development company?
- What Your Website Design in Toronto Should Do For You
- Why Your Site Needs Quality Web Development
- Factors to Consider when Hiring a Toronto Web Development Company
- Trends in Web Design
- The Role of Toronto Web Design
- An Overview of Web Development in Toronto
- Custom Web Design Solutions At Vestra Inet
- Why Is Proper Website Design So Important For A Company?
- 3 Key Features To Help You Choose Professional Web Design in Toronto
- How To Choose The Right Website Design Toronto Company
Top 5 Principles of Effective Web Design
As a leading company in Toronto web development and design, Vestra Inet stays ahead of current and upcoming trends in design. Effective web design contributes more than simply serving the purpose of being aesthetically pleasing. Good web design is essentially functional web design – it prioritizes user experience, and is designed to ensure your business performs well online.
Today we’ll discuss 5 principles at the forefront of effective Toronto web development and design.
1. Defining Purpose
A well-designed site will cater to the needs of the person accessing your site. Whether your site users are looking for relevant information, are trying to make a transaction, etc., every page of your site must have a clear purpose to ensure ease of use for your users.
2. Effective Navigation
Your navigation panel should be structured in such a way that makes the most sense for your users. Having a logically structured navigation that flows well, will allow your site’s users to maneuver easily around your site. Best practices when it comes to navigation include the “3-click rule”, which dictates that users should be able to find what they are looking for on your site within 3-clicks.
3. F-Shape Pattern and Visual Hierarchy
In 2006, F-shaped reading pattern became actualized as the go-to structuring for content in developing effective web design. Users tend to scan computer screens in an “F” like pattern, whereby most of what people see first is in the top left of a screen.
Since 2006, Toronto web development and design has adapted to the natural behaviour of web users by working within the visual hierarchy of placing content based on type, and sequence of importance from left to right, and from top to bottom.
An effective website should feature both impeccable design and compelling content. Using language meant to influence the behaviour of site users is important when trying to convert them into prospective customers.
Finally, as we’ve mentioned in previous blogs – your website must be responsive. Most people access websites via their mobile devices. It is imperative to accommodate this demand by ensuring your site is just as accessible through mobile as it is when accessed via desktop.