- Briefing Your Web Development Company
- 4 Essential Elements Of A High Converting Landing Page
- 5 Convincing Benefits a Toronto Web Design Team is Worth Investing in
- Website Design: the Make or Break of Businesses
- The Brief Timeline: The History of Web Browsers
- Top 5 Principles of Effective Web Design
- A Brief History on the Transformation of Web Design
- Why Good Web Design Must Be Mobile-Friendly
- 3 Web Development Trends in 2019
- The Elements of User-Friendly Toronto Web Design
- The Importance of Responsive Web Design for Your Business
- Corporate Identity: Give Your Business a Personality
- Understanding Cookies and Its Impact on User Experience & Web Design
- Machine Learning And Its Tremendous Effect On Web Design
- The ChatBot – From the Drawing Board into Web Design
- Web Design Fundamentals: High Quality Pages
- 5 Pillars of Great Website Design
- The Importance of SSL Certificates in Web Development
- [VIDEO] Tip of the Week: Website Design - Keeping it Beautiful
- How to Choose a Great Web Development Company
- CSS and its Importance in Website Design
- Why You Need to Give Your Website a Face-lift
- 5 Most Important Stages in Web Development
- Follow us on Instagram
- Why Effective Web Design Matters
- The Basic Requirements of Effective Web Design
- The 3 Most Important Factors in Effective Custom Web Design for Toronto Businesses
- The Evolution of Web Design
- Toronto Web Design That Will Steer your Business in the Right Direction
- 3 Elements of Good Web Design
- Choosing the best in Web Design
- We understand working in the Toronto web development industry
- Factors to consider when hiring web development in Toronto
- Why utilize a Toronto web development company?
- What Your Website Design in Toronto Should Do For You
- Why Your Site Needs Quality Web Development
- Factors to Consider when Hiring a Toronto Web Development Company
- Trends in Web Design
- The Role of Toronto Web Design
- An Overview of Web Development in Toronto
- Custom Web Design Solutions At Vestra Inet
- Why Is Proper Website Design So Important For A Company?
- 3 Key Features To Help You Choose Professional Web Design in Toronto
- How To Choose The Right Website Design Toronto Company
Why Responsive Web Design is Critical in 2017
Recent statistics show that 67% of the Canadian population owns a smartphone. In the US, 72% of people use a smart mobile device. This staggering number continues to rise every day. We live in a world that is increasingly mobile. People aren’t browsing the internet on their computers anymore – they’re Googling things on the subway, in buses, and at coffee shops on their phones.
No Two Devices are the Same
Cell phones, tablets, and other portable devices don’t come in standardized sizes. Each device is different, with its own screen size, dimensions, and aspect ratio. For websites to be viewed properly on all these varying device sizes, they must be responsive. A responsive design is a term given to a website design that adapts to the screen it is being viewed on. Most websites today are coded to be responsive because the majority of the population browses the internet using small, portable devices.
Back in the days of dial-up internet and desktop PCs, there was no need for responsive web design. The mark of a good website is its ability to stay abreast of the changing world of technology and the rapid advancement of the internet. Updating an existing website to a more responsive design or getting a completely revamped custom website isn’t just a good idea – it’s a great one.
Why is Responsive Web Design Essential?
There are many reasons why you need a responsive site in 2017, and they aren’t just aesthetic in nature. While it is true that an adaptable, mobile-friendly site looks way smoother and better, there are other benefits that can truly revolutionize your site’s lead generation capabilities and more. Some perks of harnessing the power of responsive web design include:
- Better search engine rankings – If you think of your position on Google’s search results as dependent on a point-based system, you get bonus points for having a mobile-friendly website design. Google has specified numerous times that a responsive coding for your website is incredibly beneficial to your search engine optimization efforts.
- Improved user experience – Websites aren’t just sources of information anymore. They play an integral role in branding, advertising, and lead generation. Improving the user experience for visitors dramatically improves the chances of them clicking through to a contact form to utilize the products or services your company offers. Responsive web design drastically improves this experience for users across platforms and devices.
- One site to rule them all – Before responsive design became a common trend, companies ran two sites. One was the standard website while the other was hard coded to be mobile-friendly (think www.google.com and m.google.com). Two separate sites are more expensive, difficult, and tiring to maintain. Responsive design consolidates these sites into one which works across all devices without needing different domains and URLs.
If you haven’t recently invested in responsive design for your existing website, it’s high time that you did so. 2017 is almost over, and the tech industry is moving forward in leaps and bounds. It’s up to you to keep up and turn your site into the lead-generation powerhouse it has the potential to be. Deliver the ultimate user experience while boosting your search engine rankings and more with responsive site design.